I was craving something hearty and delicious to get me through the winter. This soup is healthy, clean and warms you from the inside out!
Warming Lentil Soup
Write a review
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stocks, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup brown lentils, picked over and rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- dash of cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup sprouts of choice*
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add carrots, onion and celery, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until onion softens. Add garlic, curry powder, cumin, coriander seeds and thyme. Stir until vegetables are coated in spices and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in the tomatoes, lentils and add vegetable stock and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for one hour.
- Once lentils are cooked, carefully transfer 3 cups of the soup into a blender and blend until smooth. Return the pureed soup back into the pot and combine.
- Top bowls of soup with sprouts or greens of your choice.
Honestly Nourish http://honestlynourish.com/