High in protein, this recipe is hearty, warming and delicious. It’s also so easy to make! Just throw everything into the crock pot overnight or while you are at work and enjoy the most delicious, satisfying chili in only a few hours.
Crockpot Vegan Chili
- 1 tbsp oil of choice I use avocado
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 yellow pepper chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 750 ml tomato sauce
- 750 ml water
- 1 can black beans
- 1 cup dry red lentils rinsed well
- Turn crockpot onto highest heat setting, add oil and let the pot warm up while you prepare vegetables.
- Chop onions, carrots, peppers and mince garlic and add to warm crockpot. Sauté until onions have started to turn clear and garlic is fragrant. About 10 minutes.
- Add seasonings to the vegetables and mix well.
- Pour jar of tomato sauce & water over vegetable mixture.
- Add rinsed lentils and can of black beans and about half of the black bean water into the crock pot. Stir to combine.
- Lower the crock pot temperature setting to low, and cook covered for 6-8 hours until lentils are cooked and vegetables are soft.