Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that promotes healing within the body and spirit. It is a healing approach based on the principle that the practitioner channels energy through to the client by means of touch to activate the natural healing processes of the body and restore physical and emotional well-being. If one’s “life force energy” is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stressed, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.
Our bodies have an energy field that is central to our health and proper functioning. This energy can become blocked or weakened resulting in illness, feelings of stress, anxiety or emotional imbalance. Reiki practitioners are trained to detect and alleviate these problems of energy flow on physical, emotional, and mental levels.
Reiki works by rebalancing the body’s energy flow; it removes blockages within the body which may have been built up over years resulting in physical pain or emotional and mental imbalances. A reiki treatment will leave you feeling extremely relaxed, rebalanced, revitalised and re-motivated!
Reiki is a simple, natural and safe method of spiritual healing and self-improvement that everyone can use. It has been effective in helping virtually every known illness and malady. It also works in conjunction with all other medical or therapeutic techniques to relieve side effects and promote recovery.
What are the benefits of Reiki?
- reduction of stress, anxiety, insomnia, and depression
- aids better sleep
- enhances immune system
- helps relieve pain
- assists with healing
- reduction of side effects of medications and invasive medical treatments such as radiation or chemotherapy
- greater ease in breathing
- improved digestive functions
- clearer focus and thinking
- support in recovery from addictions
- enhancement of self-esteem, self-acceptance and self-awareness
- increased satisfaction in relationships
- Raises vibrational frequency of the body
- Removes energy blockages, adjusts the energy flow to help bring the body into balance and harmony
- Promotes creativity
Conditions Reiki may improve include:
- Skin conditions
- Back pain
- Low self-esteem
Sarah McGill is a second degree Reiki Master and founder of Purely Refreshing, a beauty and wellness spa. She has a passion for sharing, helping and teaching others that have an interest in Universal Healing Energy.